Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blog Reviews: Travel

Blog 1: Delta Air Lines' blog Under the Wing:
http://blog.delta.com/

The design of Delta's blog is phenomenal.  The sleek and modern Delta brand is very present on the site, as on their main page.  It has a professional, modern, in-style look, though at the same time very simple.  The focus on the blog was all about travel.  The posts ranged from their on-time performance, to a couple that through them.  The content and writing style on the site is also very understandable and modern.  It has a modern voice.  The grammar and punctuation is also correct.  It message effectiveness to keep customers up to date and even advertise Delta's "goodness" is present, or rather very effective.  The website audience is definitely customers, frequent flyers, and future customers.  The authors on the blog are many different Delta employees.

Blog 2: My View from the Middle Seat:
http://myviewfromthemiddleseat.com/

I thought this blog was amazing.  It's design was creative, but not overwhelming.  The focus of the site was on traveling.  A traveler tells her stories of travel, obviously.  One of her posts was about New York City, and had beautiful pictures of Midtown.  She also has a story on a "missing" rental car.  The content is easily readable and I like it a lot.  The writing style is slightly tongue-in-cheek.  When looking it over, I saw one grammar mistake.  To me the message was to experience different things, and the blog made me want to/excited to try new things.  I think the website audience is for travelers and those who want to travel.  The author is a traveler herself who loves New York and who said at many places, get the local experience.

Blog 3: Johnny Jet:
http://www.johnnyjet.com/

I thought the design of the layout was lacking, looking slightly tacky, crowded, and worn-out.  The focus was on travel, airlines, and getting cheap airline tickets.  I was glad that it talked about airlines and airlines tickets because that stuff interests me.  The content was all about travel so it matched perfectly.  The writing style was good, even though the posts were "random," stretching from LAN Airlines to when to use your frequent flyer miles.  The writing was grammatically correct.  The message of travel tips was very effective.  Because the blog catered to my interests, I wanted to click on every post and read.  It was very attention grabbing for me.  The audience for this blog are travelers, budget travelers, and many others.  The author, Johnny, said that the blog was for everyone, and that he originally started as emails to other traveler friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to check out your travel blog suggestions.
    Merci.

    MM

    ReplyDelete